On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Dan Horne wrote:

ient for my needs. And if no one cares about why the problem is occurring (why it arises when one module calls DateTime->now but not others), I'm more than happy to let things go!

I'd love to fix it, but I can't without a recipe to reproduce it. I suspect the call to ->now is a red herring. That code path doesn't do anything special with regards to timezones. It probably has something to do with _your_ code that's around the call to ->now and DateTime::TimeZone.

Oh, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But it's something that causes DateTime's now to fail only in the context of how I use it. I know it fails in DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix because I've stepped though the code using the Perl debugger, and I've gone right to the line where it fails (127, after trapping the die on line 115). I also know that it only fails if I invoke my class from a web app. If I call it from a simple script, it doesn't fail either.

I don't think it's necessarily a bug in your code. I'm just saying the problem lies in the interaction between your code and DT::TZ, and probably has nothing to do with DateTime->now().

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)