On 11/11/2009, at 10:04 AM, Dave Rolsky wrote:

I don't think it's necessarily a bug in your code. I'm just saying the problem lies in the interaction between your code and DT::TZ, and probably has nothing to do with DateTime->now().

Oh, I'd love it to be a bug in my code - cos then I'd fix it. The thing is, I only call DT::TZ as a workaround. If I call DateTime->now (time_zone => 'local') directly, it fails. I'll plough on with the rest of my work, cos I have deadlines etc, but I will try and find a simple reproducible test case when I get the chance because I *need* to know what's happening, dammit