Hello.

David Brownell wrote:

The point I'm trying to make is that I still do not agree with the
need to create a plat-davinci for "common" code.  The reasons I've
heard so far have not been convincing.
    So, you want e.g. EDMA code duplicated, right?

EDMA doesn't need to live in arch/... anywhere, if
it comes to that...

To contuinue the list, the clock code is the same (except that there are 2 PSCs), GPIO code is the same, PinMux code is virtually the same (you need to teach it to unlock the registers though), timer code is the same (though you need to add the compare register support as there are only 2 timers, one of which is used as WDT and the half of other used by DSP)...

WBR, Sergei