On Monday 19 January 2009, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>    Though having ported EDMA to OMAP-L1x, I haven't delved into the EDMA
> spec. as deep as to ascertain whether it can do memory-to-memory
> transfers... well, the porting was a relatively simple task anyway, not
> requiring deep understanding (and it wasn't even my task originally).

It can do memory-to-memory too.

I'd think that a dma version of copy_page() might be an interesting
experiment.  It should be possible to set things up with a dedicated
QDMA channel, so that you can just copy the DMA descriptor into the
parameter RAM slot and wait for it to complete.  Flush source cache
first; invalidate destination cache before waiting; and I suspect it
could outperform the CPU version.

When I did such experiments with the DMA engine framework, the
CPU copy was invariably faster.

- Dave