Ambrose, Martin wrote:

I did some further digging. Note that my problem persists
>>with the v4 patches -- no surprise here I think since there
were no functional changes. But I can reply on that thread if you like.

I'm not sure how to proceed and any debugging tips are appreciated.

Hmm, strange one.  I don't know why you're having so many problems and
my system is rock solid.

What version of the hardware are you using?

I've tried on both Rev B and Rev C of the DSK board with same results. Results
below with Rev B.

What version of u-boot are you using?

I tried two versions but primarily using 1.3.3 dated 090305 -- this is the
latest AFAIK from Sekhar.

Where are you downloading the uImage?

TFTP from VMWare server running FC10.

When booting the same uImage multiple times, does it fail at *exactly*
 the same place or at different places?

Same place every time.

Are you building your kernel with da830_omapl137_defconfig as your
 .config file (unaltered)?

Unaltered.

Please send a copy of the entire console log while you boot (including
u-boot messages). While capturing the log, please issue the 'printenv'
u-boot cmd to see what you have your u-boot env variables set to.

U-Boot 1.3.3 (Mar 19 2009 - 13:50:57)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  56 MB

   I wonder why only 56 megs of DRAM? Does't EVM carry 64 megs?

WBR, Sergei