Hi Steve,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 19:49:41, Steve Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Nori, Sekhar <nsek...@ti.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 05:18:20, Hilman, Kevin wrote:
> >
> >> At least for da850/EVM, this has never worked with mainline.
> >>
> >> Kevin
> >
> > Yes, unlike other DaVinci boards, the MAC address on this board
> > is read from the last sector of SPI flash. There were some attempts
> > to push an accessor interface for mtd devices by Sudhakar which met
> > with resistance from MTD folks. The good news is that an alternate
> > solution was agreed upon on that list. Sudhakar now has to get some
> > time to implement it - that's all :)
> >
> > If anything is broken on other boards, then that needs to be
> > looked into.
>
> Sekhar,
>
> I'm glad you asked :).  I noticed that NFS root filesystem fails to
> mount during init on AM1808 EVM with da8xx_omapl_defconfig.  The
> kernel from PSP 3.20.00.14 has no issues.

Hmm, would you know if this is an NFS specific issue or a problem
with the driver (Ethernet works fine with other rootfs?). There have
been issues reported with NFS on ARMv5 on 2.6.37[1], but none as
serious as not able to mount at all.

BTW, good to note that you got yourself an AM1808 EVM :)

Thanks,
Sekhar

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/1/5/85