On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Nori, Sekhar <nsek...@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 20:40:56, Steve Chen wrote:
>
>> Yes, this seems to be NFS specific.  Ethernet works fine when mounting
>> on EXT3 on SD.  I'm not sure if this is related to the lengthy NFS
>> discussion happening on ARM mailing list either, but is seems unlikely
>> since it would affect all DaVinci variants.  I can retest when a patch
>> becomes available.
>
> Not sure if you noticed but Trond already posted a patch and it has
> already received some acks. Even without the patch, I was able to boot
> my OMAP-L138 board fine except some occasional errors and freezes.
> I have applied Trond's patch to my tree and will be testing it during
> my regular development.

Sekhar,

I'm still getting

root: mount: mounting rootfs on / failed: No such file or directory
root: mount: mounting usbfs on /proc/bus/usb failed: No such file or directory
Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
Configuring network interfaces... udhcpc (v1.13.2) started
Sending discover...
Sending select for 192.168.40.109...
Lease of 192.168.40.109 obtained, lease time 604800
nfs: server 192.168.40.101 not responding, still trying

The init went passed udev, so NFS must be working earlier in the boot
process.  The failure is likely caused by some incompatibilities
between the kernel and filesystem.

Thanks for looking.

Steve