On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Nori, Sekhar <nsek...@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 19:49:41, Steve Chen wrote:

>> > Yes, unlike other DaVinci boards, the MAC address on this board
>> > is read from the last sector of SPI flash. There were some attempts
>> > to push an accessor interface for mtd devices by Sudhakar which met
>> > with resistance from MTD folks. The good news is that an alternate
>> > solution was agreed upon on that list. Sudhakar now has to get some
>> > time to implement it - that's all :)
>> >
>> > If anything is broken on other boards, then that needs to be
>> > looked into.
>>
>> Sekhar,
>>
>> I'm glad you asked :).  I noticed that NFS root filesystem fails to
>> mount during init on AM1808 EVM with da8xx_omapl_defconfig.  The
>> kernel from PSP 3.20.00.14 has no issues.
>
> Hmm, would you know if this is an NFS specific issue or a problem
> with the driver (Ethernet works fine with other rootfs?). There have
> been issues reported with NFS on ARMv5 on 2.6.37[1], but none as
> serious as not able to mount at all.

Yes, this seems to be NFS specific.  Ethernet works fine when mounting
on EXT3 on SD.  I'm not sure if this is related to the lengthy NFS
discussion happening on ARM mailing list either, but is seems unlikely
since it would affect all DaVinci variants.  I can retest when a patch
becomes available.

> BTW, good to note that you got yourself an AM1808 EVM :)

After a couple of years working with various arch, it is good to find
myself in the ARMs of TI again :)

Steve