Colleagues
We are now approaching the implementation stage for managing the existing out
of region ROUTE(6) objects in the RIPE Database (NWI-5). A question has been
asked about the creation of new ROUTE(6) objects in the RIPE Database relating
to non RIPE address space. This will still be technically possible after
implementation of the solution for NWI-5.
The question we now need to answer is...Do we want to allow the creation of new
ROUTE(6) objects in the RIPE Database for non RIPE address space?
Over the years this issue has been debated within this community there have
been arguments made for and against this situation. The case against doing this
is well known now. If anyone believes there is still a case for allowing these
object creations (either for any address space or for some section of the
global address space) then can you please make your case now. We would like to
wrap up this whole issue with a clear consensus from the community.
cheersdenisco-chair DB WG