Dear RIPE DBWG,
Hope this email finds you in good health!

Please see my comment below, inline...

Le mardi 24 janvier 2023, denis walker via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net> a écrit :

> Colleagues
>
> [...]
>
> Most people seem to assume it can be reliably used for geolocation
> purposes. That would be the most obvious use case for this attribute.
> Entering an optional value would signify that all the addresses in
> this block are used within the geographical boundary of the country
> defined by the code. Where the addresses are used in multiple
> countries, it may be possible to show this at the assignment object
> level. Otherwise the optional country: attribute could be omitted and
> the geolocation information would be determined by the geofeed:
> attribute.

Hi Denis,
Thanks for your email, brother!

imho:
...no need to ommit it; if it's possible to (i) interpret
country: attribute values as default, when it exist,
for INET(6)NUM objects without geofeed: attribute
values; and (ii) give priority to geofeed: attribute
values against country: ones.

Shalom,
--sb.

--