On 2001-02-21 08:30:46 -0500, Charnley, Chip (C.) wrote:
> That makes three of us. I have never been so disgusted with a list in my
> life. IMNSHO, the management of this list, since it was moved, SUCKS!

I am severly tempted to express my opinion of people who don't read
neither announcement mails nor mail headers, but complain loudly, in
similarly strong words. Instead I am quoting from the headers of every
mail you got from the mailing-list since the move:

It doesn't take a degree in rocket science to figure out from that that
you should send a mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to unsubscribe,
or to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, if that doesn't work for some reason.

The help document also tells you how to unsubscribe if you are
subscribed with a different address than the one you are currently
using. Basically, you do a s/return-\d+/unsubscribe/ on the Return-Path
header. For example, my mails from dbi-users have a Return-Path header
like this:

So I would send a mail to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> To be honest, I am so sick and tired of getting these unwanted emails, I
> have seriously considered creating a SPAM generator to SPAM this list to
> death until someone becomes responsible and takes me off the list.

I guess that would mostly generate a lot of complaints to the abuse
compartment of your company and/or your ISP.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | Any setuid root program that does an
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | exec() somewhere is just a less
| |   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]        | user friendly version of su.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/   |    -- Olaf Kirch on bugtraq 2000-08-07

PGP signature