Are you sure that you can't use the GROUP BY clause?

Saludos,
                  Marcelo.

                    "Don Seiler"

                    <Don.Seiler@Ce       To:     Michael Peppler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    llcom.com>           cc:     Marcelo
Guelfi/Uruguay/Contr/IBM@IBMUY, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                         Subject:     Re: Looping through recordset
twice
                    01/11/2001

                    16:13

                    Please respond

                    to "Don

                    Seiler"

Basically, when I get to a new group number.  The record set is ordered by
group number, so all records in a group are together.  As I'm looping
through records in a group, I do some evaluation and add values to
variables.  When I get to a new group number, I look at the values.  If
they meet my criteria I add the last group number to an array.

Then when I'm done I planned to loop again through the record set and if
the group number matches one in the array I'd print it.

This is probably horribly inefficient and I'm leaning towards saving the
records to a tmp array and if they qualify saving that to master array for
later printing.

Don.

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Michael Peppler wrote:

> Don Seiler writes:
>  > Actually the nature of the problem is what stopped me from doing this.
>  >
>  > I won't know which records I want until I look at the group of them.
>  >
>  > Example:  I have a table of records.  There is a "groupnum" column.
Many
>  > records have the same "groupnum", i.e. they are in the same group.
I'm