Tim Bunce wrote:
Anyone using perl 5.8.0?

Jarkko and I would be interested in any feedback you may have.
Obviously my main interest is with DBI and drivers but Jarkko's
is wider.

Please reply to Jarkko (CC'd) and then also CC me if your reply
includes any feedback related to the DBI and/or the new signal
handling in perl 5.8.0.

Generally speaking, I've been impressed with 5.8.0 on both Solaris 7 (UltraSparc) and also on MacOS X (10.2.3 at the moment). On MacOS X, there's a peculiarity in the way CPAN and CPANPLUS manage to put the first character of output on the last character of the previous line, but I assume that's something to do with terminal description and/or curses implementation rather than a Perl problem per se.

So, I've no real horror stories to relate - but don't let that stop you from fixing the problems that others have encountered. And please keep up the good work.

--
Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]) #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix 1.04.PC1 -- http://dbi.perl.org/