On Mar 31, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

I assume that the RDB OCI server emulates an Oracle 8i server (or
something even older).

The current version of the software emulates a Oracle 10.2 server. This isn't the issue; it's something internal to the way that oracle handles a database link, because if you connect directly to the RDB OCI interface using the modern client libs, (or directly to RDB itself through the RDB ODBC or JDBC client software) it works, the only way the problem emerges is through the database link in Oracle 11 to the OCI interface.

As I said it's a weird thing....it's that the 'thwe query is successful but doesn't return rows' of the OP in this thread is the same symptom that I have.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona