Just a quick note to add to this thread.
Over the past 24 hours I attempted to build the full CVS on SunOs 5.9,
FreeBSD 5.2.1, FreeBSD 4.10 and Red Hat Linux 9.
Ordinarily each of the four systems run RC7 except the SunOS which runs
1.2.9. I used the same building tools as for the existing stable versions.
All of the above are swappables on the same dev machine which is an SMP and
with the exception of Solaris, are unaltered standard installations of
dbmail with either MySQL or PgSQL.

In every case the build went fine but the finished binaries failed to
connect to the MySQL database which I had rebuilt using the new table names.
I had checked the CVS latest SQL and didn't see a database change from
'tablename' to 'dbmail_tablename' so I rebuilt it manually. Maybe I missed
something. I altered my PERL GUI DBMA
(http://library.mobrien.com/dbmailadministrator/ to match the new table
names and it was working fine, adding and deleting users, aliases etc., but
dbmail was failing all over the place.

I then hacked dbsearch.c, dbmsgbuf.c, authsql.c and db.c and in all changed
the table names to their originals then switched dbmail.conf over to a CR7
MySQL database with the original tablenames. After rebuilding dbmail with
the altered files it connected correctly to the database. Perhaps there are
some inconsistencies in the use of the table names.

There are still a few problems with the function of the current CVS.

1) Has anyone got the latest full CVS actually working correctly using the
new table names?
2) The current CVS might be a little premature for a candidate release.

best... Mike