On Thu, Feb 10, 2005, ""mc"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Recently I am planning to move from vpopmail to dbmail.
> After I did a quick scan on dbmail's code, I've found that whenever a MTA
> sends a mail to dbmail, dbmail would try to read everything into
> memory...and then it would allocate another piece of memory for the INSERT
> query. Did I miss something or was it meant to be like that? It seems to me
> that this approach could potentially lead to massive memory consumption,
> especially on systems where large size attachments are common. I still
> haven't got the time to read the code in detail though. I apologize if I am
> talking nonsense. :)

This is how I orignally wrote the message receiving code for DBMAil 2.0,
and you can see it in the first couple of "rc" releases (which were all
horribly broken)... in order to get 2.0 out the door, Ilja rewrote it.

The problem was that the MIME parser didn't know what to do with messages
that contained \n (unix line endings) or \r\n ('network' line endings) or
both. So it was exploding on all of the mail received through LMTP through
my code.

Aaron