On Fri, Feb 11, 2005, ""mc"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> A question: has anyone tried SQL_CACHE (mysql only) or will that work with
> dbmail's design? I still haven't tried to find out how dbmail uses queries
> yet.

I'll just answer this question, because I use the MySQL query cache. It
helps. Big time for the small things. Basically it's a key-value cache,
with queries as the keys and results and the values. If a query is
received that is already in the cache, and there isn't any conditional in
the query or a change in the table, it just uses the cache.

I don't have any firm numbers, but DBMail "feels faster" when the cache is
on.

Aaron