Aaron Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006, Marc Dirix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>> You can use a forward.
>>
>> dmail-users -x @example1.com -t @example2.com
>>
>> All mail for @example1.com gets forwarded tot @example2.com.
>
> Does this work!? I've been thinking through the code all morning, and I
> just don't think that this can possibly work as expected -- you're all
> really looking for a rewrite rule. DBMail doesn't do rewrites at all!

So it does work or it doesn't work?? :)

Here's my experience and why I asked.  I have one of these in the tables
right now.  What I get is that the lmtp process connects to the lmtpd
daemon.  Something happens (haven't bothered to get a trace debug yet)
and the connection is dropped and postfix marks it as "delivery
temporarily suspended to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data
- message may be sent more than once" which of course make all mail
backup until postfix decides to try that transport again.

So, it appears that it does not work.  In any case, the response is not
as expected.  Why not a 5xx "invalid mailbox" or such?

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a rewrite rule, unless you're going
to forward it externally.  It seems that the facilities to do this kind
of aliasing should be mostly already completed (this is speculation
without looking at the code - because I'm such a guru like that). You
have the ability to map @domain1 to [EMAIL PROTECTED], why can't you notice
that the deliver_to is @domain2 without a user and map the user from
domain1 to domain2?