On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 22:07 +0000, Aaron Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006, Bernard Johnson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> >> Does this work!? I've been thinking through the code all morning, and I
> >> just don't think that this can possibly work as expected -- you're all
> >> really looking for a rewrite rule. DBMail doesn't do rewrites at all!
> >
> > So it does work or it doesn't work?? :)
>
> Well, I wrote the code that would enable this, and of course it's possible
> that it works more widely than I expected, but I don't think so :-P

The code in question leads to bug #477 that I just filed and fixed!

You will *crash* DBMail < 2.2.2 if your deliver_to field is in the form
'username@' or '@domain'. With the fix in place, messages that deliver
to such an address will be dropped flat on the floor. Looking at pipe.c,
some more work is needed to let the forward state bubble back up so that
it can be reported via dbmail-smtp or LMTP.

Aaron