>> > If the mediawiki template engine would produce a wikilink we should do
>> > it, otherwise we do not.
>>
>> I agree. It's not really MediaWiki ot the template engine in general
>> though, but specific templates. [...]
>

>> Wikipedia templates are a mess... :-)

I propose the following algorithm:

Let's keep the current codebase that produces a triple if and only if
a same cased wikilink is present elsewhere in the page.

This time it does not trash the triple if it does not find the link,
instead the code will put the triple in another file, named like
'mapping_based_properties_ambiguous_part1' which will be analized
after the end of extraction, with the help of the redirects map (which
is available at the end of the whole wikipedia extration phase).

This way if a property exist in the redirects map if would be moved
(after being redirected) in a file named
'mapping_based_properties_disambigued', in the same file it would be
placed also if a the property exists in a case insensitive form in the
redirects map without ambiguity (so not Neocon vs NeoCon in this
file).

Finally if the property has still ambiguity we will leave it the final
'.*_ambiguous' file.

If this file is zero sized for all wikipedias, I would like to have a beer* :-)

This way we let the DBpedia maintainer to choose or not to have this
data inside his/her DBpedia instance or to pass those triples through
the Mediawiki APIs, some Machine Learning tool or Amazon's Mechanical
Turk in order to verify them :-)

*probably also if it is not

--
ESC:wq