Hi Wojciech,

Welcome to the DBpedia GSoC mailing list.

It's great to hear you're interested in the Topic Modeling ideas. I assume
you mean the Combining DBpedia and Topic Modeling idea which I proposed.

The Coursera Text Mining and Analytics course that you completed has many
lectures on topic modeling.  This gives you the necessary background for
this project idea, even though I don't plan to go that deep into the topic
modeling algorithms themselves.

This project is mainly going to be about leveraging the output in order to
improve the DBpedia Type Hierarchy, and add some extra functionality to
DBpedia Spotlight.

I see you already started to ask questions about the warm-up tasks on the
Ideas page. Please continue with the warm-up tasks, and ask any questions
you have on the ideas website or here by including the tag [CDBTM] . Give
me your github id and I'll add you to the repo for this idea [1], you
should create your own branch and commit the code for the warmup tasks
there. You can name your branch "insert your github id"-warmup.

Cheers,
Alexandru

[1] https://github.com/dbpedia/topicmodel-extractor