-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2002 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: 7/10/70 vs. 6/24/70 early; 7/11/70 + 7/12/70

>the best copy of 7/10/70 I've encountered was labeled 7/10/70, and it was
>this tape that established the correct date of the mislabeled "6/24/70a"
>tape, which we already knew from other consierations wasn't labeled
>correctly.  I think that date is nailed down.

This is good news. The timeline you describe here makes the case for the
7/10/70 date very strong.

>Is there a fresh digital copy around of Weinberg's master hitherto labeled
>"7/12/70"?  It would be useful to be able to consult a copy.

It's out there, but it's incomplete - only the first reel of the electric
set, plus a reel of the NRPS set, were found among his surviving reels. I
don't have a copy myself, but maybe someone who does could burn a disc for
you.

>Also, the list currently called 7/12 looks more like a last night of run.

I agree with this observation. Then again, 1/2/70 late and 6/6/70 look more
like grand finales than the run-ending shows that follow them. Also, the
missing Pigpen factor surely limited the band's options on the show
currently labeled "7/11/70".

----Scott