On 01/24/2018 07:34 AM, Juan Carlos Araujo Cabarcas wrote:
Please find the file: detailed.log attached.

El martes, 23 de enero de 2018, 17:02:14 (UTC-5), Wolfgang Bangerth escribió:

    On 01/23/2018 02:13 PM, Bruno Turcksin wrote:

     >     mypath/dealii/source/lac/scalapack.cc:243:91: error: there
    are no
     >     arguments to ‘MPI_Comm_create_group’ that depend on a
    template parameter,
     >     so a declaration of ‘MPI_Comm_create_group’ must be available
    [-fpermissive]
     >             ierr = MPI_Comm_create_group(MPI_COMM_WORLD,
    group_union, 5,
     >     &mpi_communicator_union);

It confused me that you are compiling the scalapack file but get an error message that a particular MPI function was not found. This would ordinarily suggest that either scalapack.cc is missing an #include of <mpi.h> (which is not the case) or that your installation is not configured with MPI (which is the case for you). So the error did not make sense to me at first.

But it turns out that the call in question, MPI_Comm_create_group is a function that was only added to MPI in version 3.0. Apparently all of us use an MPI installation that is sufficiently up to date. What is the version you use?