On 20 Aug 2002 01:50:22 +0200
Luca Barbieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> According to Junichi's manual they should be in -dev packages (that
> makes sense, since they are only used by libtool builds).

My "solution" to the problem would be to create
libwhatever-la packages which contains .la file only,
if other runtime binaries want them.

It has other implications, and probably technically most clean,
but some people might disagree.
Nevertheless, it creates a lot of packages just for the
sake of ltdl, which might be used or not used.

I am not confident enoughif it's better than using "Replaces" on
every libwhatever* package, but it is probably
cleaner.

regards,
        junichi

--