* Julien BLACHE

| That's not what I'm asking for. Ubuntu is kind of special; it has
| nothing to do with Corel, SkoleLinux or Progeny.

(It's Skolelinux, btw.)

| They want to be as close to Debian as possible, by contributing back
| etc, which is good, as long as they're not trying to impose their
| agenda on the Project. It'd be a clear profit to just snapshot
| Debian, remove 3 buggy packages, and market it; much more that
| taking a snapshot, take 6 months to stabilize it (fix a bunch of
| packages in that timeframe) and market it.

Skolelinux is today known as debian-edu; there are corporations behind
it, pushing it and shaping it to be the best possible educational
distribution.  Does this bother you?

Why does it bother you that Ubuntu snapshots Debian, stabilises it
(while contributing fixes back, I think we have established that now
and can stop giving random examples) and releases it?

Does it bother you that corporations fund development on KDE and GNOME
and thereby help shape what those desktops will look like in the
future?

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-