Hi Matthias,

At Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:26:52 +0100,
Matthias Klose wrote:
> Package: libc6-dev
> Version: 2.3.1
> Severity: grave
>
> Attached is a diff of a binutils built in unstable with gcc-2.95 and
> one built on yesterday's testing (still glibc-2.2.5). Although I
> cannot prove that other build depedencies of binutils are the cause of
> this failures, I start with glibc as the moist obvious one ...

I recompiled binutils 2.14.90.0.5-0.2 on m68k with my test built glibc
2.3.1-1 (2003-07-08 cvs) + gcc 2.95.

The result is:

        Test Run By root on Wed Aug  6 11:18:45 2003
        Native configuration is m68k-unknown-linux-gnu

                        === binutils tests ===

                        === binutils Summary ===

        # of expected passes            32

                        === gas Summary ===

        # of expected passes            66

                        === ld tests ===

        UNTESTED: cdtest
        UNTESTED: cdtest with -Ur

        PASS: visibility (hidden_weak) (non PIC)
        FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak) (non PIC, load offset)
        PASS: visibility (hidden_weak)
        FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak) (PIC main, non PIC so)
        PASS: visibility (hidden_weak) (PIC main)

        PASS: visibility (protected_undef_def) (non PIC)
        FAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (non PIC, load offset)
        PASS: visibility (protected_undef_def)
        PASS: visibility (protected_undef_def) (PIC main, non PIC so)
        PASS: visibility (protected_undef_def) (PIC main)

        UNTESTED: selective1
        UNTESTED: selective2
        UNTESTED: selective3
        UNTESTED: selective4
        UNTESTED: selective5
        UNTESTED: selective6

        UNTESTED: S-records with constructors

                        === ld Summary ===

        # of expected passes            172
        # of unexpected failures        3
        # of untested testcases         9

I don't know number of unexpected failures or untested testcases in ld
summary is acceptable or not.  How to act for this bug report?

Regards,
-- gotom