Hi,

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 22:25, Shruti Sridhar <shruti.sridha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to write autopkgtests for Seqsero and python-loompy. I have
> been facing some errors. Could someone please have a look and let me know
> what I can do :
>
> 1. Seqsero <https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/seqsero> : I added the test
> data and the path to that in the example file but on running the test it
> says the examples are not found. I have tried renaming the examples file to
> seqsero.examples but that did not seem to work. I also tried looking for
> the examples folder and in the log it can be seen that the file is present.
> I have uploaded the autopkgtest log here <http://paste.debian.net/1186639>.

That's because the "Depends" field was empty, which instructs autopkgtest
to not install anything, hence it was not able to find the package. Add a
Test Depends on "@" which means the current package to fix that.
I fixed for you, please pull and take a look at the commit.

Thanks for finding the corresponding dataset for seqsero, I'll be happy to
upload once the test is complete.

> 2. python-loompy <https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/python-loompy> : The
> package already has a python test suite so I was trying to run that but it
> fails to install the package inside the chroot.

That's probably because you're trying to install an older .deb than the one
you got after latest build. Sometimes clearing cache also helps mitigate
these problems.
In any case, you can enable salsa CI on your personal fork to track this.

> I have updated my system and also ran autopkgtest with the -U flag to
> update the chroot. I couldn't push my changes because it is on a protected
> branch so I have made a fork
> <https://salsa.debian.org/shruti_sridhar/python-loompy>
> I have uploaded the autopkgtest log here <http://paste.debian.net/1186634>.

I'm not sure  what "couldn't push my changes because it is on a protected
branch" means here. You should be able to push unless you aren't trying to
force-push.
If you aren't force-pushing, then you need better access than developer
probably for this one. I just granted you maintainer access for this repo,
try pushing once.

Nilesh