Control: severity -1 serious

Hi,

We talked about this on the RT meeting yesterday and agreed to bump this to RC
again. We wouldn't like to release Stretch with guile-1.8 just for lilypond's
sake, and it is better to act now that there's plenty of time before the freeze
so that a new version can be uploaded (possibly to experimental for the time
being) and fixes can be applied.

We can discuss this again later in the cycle if necessary, though hopefully
lilypond can get in shape and we won't need to do that :)

On 09/12/15 21:02, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Dec 2015, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> On 06/05/15 16:41, Don Armstrong wrote:
>>> Control: severity -1 important

>>> Thanks. I'm going to downgrade this for the time being. I'm going to try
>>> to keep on top of this as the development of squeeze progresses; feel
>>> free to re-ping whenever.
>>
>> Squeeze? Did you mean Stretch? :)
>
> Yes, sorry.
>
>> How is this looking? I saw some commits on the upstream git repo
>> mentioning guile 2.0. If you're unsure about this, maybe we could have
>> the unstable 2.19.x series uploaded to experimental, built against
>> guile-2.0, to make some progress, get some feedback, etc?
>
> I haven't re-pinged them recently, but they were making some progress
> last time I checked.
>
> Rebuilding for experimental makes some sense to keep on top of this,
> though as I remember, it built, but then didn't always work properly.
>
> [I'm running chronically short on time though, so I've sort of just been
> letting this sit until a new release comes out.]

There have been plenty of 'unstable' releases (last one was 2.19.40 just a few
days ago) and those have a --with-guile2 configure switch. It may be a good idea
to upload that to experimental with guile 2.0 support?

Cheers,
Emilio