hi ya roger

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Carl Fink wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:56:41PM -0700, Roger Creasy wrote:
>
> > I have the cd set for Sarge. Where to I find the sources for the
> > kernel? Do I merely copy them to the directory in the error? Or are
> > there other steps? How do I "link /lib/modules/2.6.7-1-386/build to
> > it"?

assuming you have a kernel source or just kernel headers in
/usr/local/src/linux-2.6.7-1 ( or whatever its called )

        cd /lib/modules/2.6.7-1/
        ln -s ../../../usr/local/src/linux-2.6.7-1 build

        2.6.7-1 must match exactly

> You "apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.7".  Possibly you follow that
> with "apt-get install kernel-patch-2.6.7".  Then you ungzip and untar
> the archives that will be installed in /usr/src.

when the other (local-in-town) dude played with this problem ... we just
did:
        apt-get install kernel-headers-2.6.7-blah
        ( note .. no kernel sources .. no patches )

        veriy the link for /lib/modules/2.6.7-1/build

        cd /usr/local/src/ndiswrapper-blah
        make && make install

        but since the dude wasted a day on it ... i told um to
        give up and use the kernel.org tree after the first 2 failures
        but a day later ... it was still off the air ..
        ( i think he got discouragd and went off to something else )

        and the deb ndiswrappers didnt work either on his box ...

ndiswrapper works fine .. other than limited functionality due to
the wrapper around ms drivers

c ya
alvin