I'm waiting for parts to arrive for a new system.  I can probably get a copy
of MSDOG, but I'd like to avoid this.  Eventually it will perhaps be
necessary to install Windows 95 or Windows NT and MSDOG, but to begin with,
I will install Linux.

I expect to be able to create the installation disks for Debian on my
long faithful machine electra.  Can I reasonably expect to pull this off
without installing DOS at all?  Can I format the disks from the install
disks?  Can I partition them, all that?

Another question, out of curiosity: will it be feasible to install Windows95
later on?  Will it stomp on the linux system?  What about DOG---can I
reasonably expect to install that AFTER linux, without a problem?
Better still, can I run DOSEMU without having MSDOG installed ever at all?
I have a few programs like skyglobe and another astronomy sky disply
program, HYPERSKY, that I would like to run, as well as several other
programs.  I guess I would really need Windows 3.1 to run that on DOSEMU?

Thanks in advance,

Alan
--
 Alan Eugene Davis      Marianas High School      15o 8.8'N       GMT+10
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]      AAA 196 Box 10,001        145o 42.5'E

"if a close inspection should show that the supposed hand-wrought
 spoon were in reality only a clever imitation of hand-wrought goods,
 but an imitation so cleverly wrought as to give the same impression
 of line and surface to any but a minute examination by a trained eye,
 the utility of the article, including gratification which the user
 derives from its contemplation as an object of beauty, would
 immediately decline by some eighty or ninety percent, or even more"

     ------Thorsten Veblen, _The Theory of the Leisure Class_