[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> [Frank, please keep your lines shorter than 80 characters.]
Oops, sorry about that.
I am working in text mode now, where
I have more columns than I am normally used to,
so I messed it up

> OK. The first line of the script says
>       #!/usr/bin/perl --
>
> Now we have two possibilities:
> 1) For some reason, you don't have /usr/bin/perl . Dale showed you how to
>    deal with that.
> 2) You have /usr/bin/perl, but it cannot be started. (Try "/usr/bin/perl";
>    if that fails, provide "ldd /usr/bin/perl"'s output please). I've had
>    trouble with libdl not being found in the past.
>
> Possibility 1 is the most probable.

Yes, that's it. I linked perl500... with /usr/bin/perl
right now and I am about to reboot to see if it works.

Thank you all very much for the quick help. That's really great about Debian,
wow.

P.S.:
Is this all worth a bug report or is this problem
obsolete anyway with the new start-stop-daemon in C?

--
                                     Yours,

                                Frank Barknecht

                        Das Kölner Stadt- und Unimagazin