Bruce Perens wrote:

> You could try lobbying Guy Maor (gently, please). But there has to be a
> date beyond even updates for an old release get purged. We want the mirror
> space for more current stuff, and with $4 CDs nobody has much of an excuse
> for missing upgrades any more.

What are the implications of these words Bruce? I hope Debian stays
dedicated
to providing an easy upgrade path across several major releases. Just
because
it is now _possible_ to upgrade about monthly from a cd doesn't mean
that
everybody who doesn't (for whatever reason) needs an excuse for that. I
think
that I just misread the intention of your words, but I still wish to
express
my concern about this issue.

Joost