Hi Roberto,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 04:36:16PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> I am inclined to think that the comment someone else made further up in
> the thread about the APTCONFDIR setting was right.  Make sure that there
> is not a base.tgz alread there, remove or comment out the APTCONFDIR
> variable and try it again.

No, that wasn't it.  See my reply to that message that probably
arrived by now.

> Also, make sure that you are running at least pbuilder version 0.128.
> When I was on IRC a few days ago, Junichi (the developer/maintainer of
> pbuilder) said that it was really necessary to upgrade as there were
> problems with the older versions.  Personally, I have version 0.128 and
> was able to create a new pbuilder chroot just now with a configuration
> that is functionally the same as yours.

Since my system is sarge and the base.tgz I want to create is also
sarge I am hoping that I can just do that with the pbuilder that comes
with sarge, which is 0.123...

Meanwhile I notice a bug report called "pbuilder: cannot build sarge
basetgz": http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=316135.
That's for version 0.127, but might help me too.  My /var partition is
mounted nodev.  I'll remount it dev and see if that helps.

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse