--- On Fri, 3/13/09, Angus Auld <aonghas_a...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Angus Auld <aonghas_a...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Top posting vs Bottom posting
> To: "debian-user" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Date: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:55 AM
> --- On Thu, 3/12/09, Bob Cox
> <debian-u...@lists.bobcox.com> wrote:
>
> > From: Bob Cox <debian-u...@lists.bobcox.com>
> > Subject: Re: Top posting vs Bottom posting
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Date: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
> > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 00:12:15 -0500, Kumar Appaiah
> > (a.ku...@alumni.iitm.ac.in) wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:04:29PM -0700, Ken
> Teague
> reading
> > e-mail than to start from the
> read
> > each reply upwards. It
> more
> > than a page long because
> then
> > scroll up to find the
> me
> > want to kick someones
> > >
> > > There's something worse than that: A mixture
> of
> > top and bottom posts!
> > > From the level of quoting at least, one can
> decipher
> > pure top posted
> > > mails (however painful that is). But a potent
> > combination of the two
> > > becomes so disastrous that I just forget reading
> that
> > thread! :-)
> >
> > I couldn't agree more.  I have just been reading
> > another thread on this
> > list which has had its readability irrevocably
> destroyed by
> > top-poster.  On top of this, our top-posting friend
> wrote
> > in HTML,
> > tripling the size of his worthless contribution and to
> cap
> > it all, cc'd
> > the list and replied directly to the previous
> contributor
> > in the thread
> > (not the OP, who just might have appreciated it).
> Worse
> > than useless.
> >
> > --
> > Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
>
> It seems to me that following the established procedure on
> top-posting, as is the established method here, or
> bottom-posting, as may be the established procedure
> elsewhere, is a small thing to do to keep everything
> functioning in a more orderly fashion. I see nothing wrong
> with that procedure being pointed out to posters who may not
> be aware of the prevailing method.
>
> Why would one want to upset the very ppl you are seeking
> help from, and who contribute freely of their time to help
> others who are genuinely interested in being helped?
>
> Just my views.....best regards to all.
>

> --
> Angus

Proof reading might also be a good idea, as is evidenced by my mistakenly
saying that top-posting is the established method here. ;)
Bottom-posting of course is the prevailing method on debian-user.
My apologies to all. The rest of my comments withstanding.

Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

###Laptop powered by Debian Linux###
######Reg. Linux User #278931######