On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:00:25 +0100, teoss wrote:

(...)

>> > I verified it's not related to a specific profile, as it's the same
>> > on a new freshly created user.
>>
>> Does this happens in all applications? I mean, does OOo writer renders
>> verdana 10pt at the right size or also renders it a bit bigger?
>
> Openoffice writer renders Verdana 10 just like Iceweasel (assuming its
> 10 point size setting is the same as CSS 10pt). So does Abiword, but I'm
> not sure it's a significant comparison.

I asked because if this behavior is reproducible "system-wide" (that is,
if almost any application renders Verdana 10pt a bit bigger than it
should) it could be related to your screen dpi size.

At least under Lenny (in Gnome desktop) the default dpi was (wrongly)
setup at 86 dpi and I had to change it to 96 so all fonts look at their
right size.

I'm also using TrueType fonts, mostly the MS ones (Arial, Verdana,
Tahoma, Courier New...) and now all of them renders okay in *any* program.

But I'm not sure if the problem you are facing can be related to this at
all :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón