On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:28:05 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 06/07/2011 01:40 PM, Camaleón wrote: [snip]
>>
>> I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice:
>>
>> 1/ They do not work on crystal or clear surfaces
>>

> I can't remember the last time I put my mouse on a clear (glass?)
> surface.  But if I did, then I'd use a mousepad.

And what happens if you are on a conference room (or any other "hostile"
environment) with no mousepad at all? Only you, a pristine clear surface
and your hi-tech laser mouse ;-)

> Disadvantages of ball mice:
> 1) The ball gets dirty and sticks.  Yes, you can clean it, but laser
>     mice never get dirty.

Doesn't need to be re-calibrated? Never?

> 2) The ball doesn't roll well on some surfaces.  The laser works on
>     more surfaces.

I can live with a corded laser/bluetrack mouse but not with a wireless
one.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón