On 06/08/2011 06:16 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:28:05 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 06/07/2011 01:40 PM, Camaleón wrote: [snip]

I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice:

1/ They do not work on crystal or clear surfaces

I can't remember the last time I put my mouse on a clear (glass?)
surface.  But if I did, then I'd use a mousepad.

And what happens if you are on a conference room (or any other "hostile"
environment) with no mousepad at all? Only you, a pristine clear surface
and your hi-tech laser mouse ;-)

Then I use the trackpad on my laptop.

Disadvantages of ball mice:
1) The ball gets dirty and sticks.  Yes, you can clean it, but laser
     mice never get dirty.

Doesn't need to be re-calibrated? Never?

Eh? Recalibrate an optical mouse? Never heard of (or had to do) such a thing.

2) The ball doesn't roll well on some surfaces.  The laser works on
     more surfaces.

I can live with a corded laser/bluetrack mouse but not with a wireless
one.

What's "bluetrack"?  I agree with not wanting wireless, though.

corrupt."