On 6/8/2011 15:15, Ron Johnson wrote:

What's "bluetrack"? I agree with not wanting wireless, though.

Bluetrack in mice is a proprietary Microsoft made tracking method for their optical mice. Physically, they have larger holes for the emitter and the light is blue instead of red.

A quick searched turned up this link which gives a basic rundown between Microsoft Bluetrack and Logitech Darkfield:

I have a 'notebook' wireless mouse from Microsoft that has Bluetrack and uses one of the 'nano' USB dongles. The battery life is pretty good and when the wireless works, it works pretty well.

Bad points would be that the larger sized hole seems to collect more crud than a 'typical' optical mouse would, and occasionally I've had the signal 'go strange' and the mouse not work as it should.

However, the tracking is pretty good (I've tested it on beat up metal cigarette tin), and the dongle does work with anything that supports HID's. Minor note on the one I have, the dongle apparently supports mice and keyboards, which has confused a few things at times when they see a new keyboard interface but not a new keyboard to go with it.