On 9/22/2012 2:38 AM, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> Stan violates these two points of the CoC:
>
> * The mailing lists exist to foster the development and use of Debian.
> Non-constructive or off-topic messages, along with other abuses, are
> not welcome.
> * Try not to flame; it is not polite.

I violated neither.  I told a lazy or incompetent OP that he is lazy or
incompetent.  Such a statement is both constructive and on topic, and
not flame material.  Hard truth may be "uncomfortable" or "impolite" for
some people, but that != flaming.  If sufficient numbers of users were
to do what this OP did, the list would be clogged with noobie questions
and become totally useless due to the msg volume.

Please explain why you disagree with this logic, Christofer C. Bell.

--
Stan