On 9/22/2012 7:14 AM, Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:53:21 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2012 10:06 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>>> Stan, just my personal opinion but I think there's no need (and no
>>> gain) to say this on the list. We all can think whatever we want -and
>>> we can be wrong or right as we don't have all the details over the
>>> table- but it's rather discourteous to tell a user about what you
>>> estimate his/her skills are or aren't. That's simply out of place.
>>
>> I disagree.  This list, as with most others, is not to be used as a
>> primary technical support resource.  People should be making at least a
>> cursory effort to search for information before asking here.
>
> But that's you own opinion and being a "personal" thinking, do you think
> making such assertions is going to help anyone? Or are simply aimed to
> feed your selfish and completely lack of empathy standpoint?

Join 10 random technical mailing lists and ask the question "Should I
search for answers to my issue before asking here, or just immediately
ask here first, every time I have a problem?"

I'm truly surprised you'd argue this point as it's universally
understood/accepted support mailing list etiquette.  But after reading
the rest of this, which I snipped to reduce resources, it seems clear
you will simply argue every point I make, whether you're right or wrong,
because you are apparently so irritated at me that you equate agreeing
with anything I say to slitting your own wrists or walking through fire.

If you want to call me a jerk then do so.  But don't argue the wrong
side of an issue simply to show your disdain by being a contrarian.
That does disservice to your reputation.

Burying this thread is way overdue.  If you truly feel this dead horse
hasn't been beaten enough, please email me off list out of courtesy to
all others.

--
Stan