Am Freitag, 21. September 2012 schrieb Neal Murphy:
> On Friday, September 21, 2012 04:53:21 PM Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> > It's not writing style but attitude.  My attitude is that people
> > should be self reliant.  Only when they search and can't find an
> > answer should they ask on a mailing list.  Especially in this case,
> > when the answer is so damn easy to find, literally clicking one link
> > on the Debian home page and reading the subsequent page.
>
> I wholly disagree. First, when someone lowers himself to ask a question
> in a  public forum, it is usually because she has been unable to find
> the answer; it is the duty of others in the forum to respond politely
> and civilly. Second,

Neal, I disagree on this one.

No one here has any duty to answer any post.

Period.

But if one decides to answer, I agree its best to maintain some
politeness. That doesn´t mean saying yes and amen to everything, but for
me it means to stay away from attacking a person.

Always have respect for another person. Even, well especially if you
disaggree.

Thats what I try to live to (and sometimes likely also fail to live to).