On 6/16/2013 1:02 AM, Slavko wrote:
Dňa 16.06.2013 03:01 Weaver  wrote / napísal(a):
Unless things have changed lately, I was under the impression that Debian
was a community.

Sure, the Debian is community distribution, as described in the Social
contract (see http://www.debian.org/social_contract)

But not community in Ubuntu's mean (anybody can anything). The Debian
community is composed from the Debian developers (DD), Debian
maintainers (DM), Package maintainers and the users. Anybody can be in
these groups, but only DD and DM has privileges to determine, what
happens with Debian (ant the DD more than the DM).

There are some policy documents (see http://www.debian.org/devel/),
which describes what and how and sometime why too.

As i mentioned, anybody can be member of the Debian community, but pure
users are consumers only. And this ML is for these consumers ;-)

regards

Yes, this is a "consumers" mailing list. And if "consumers" can't pass along what they want for the future, Debian will quickly lose users to distros which do listen.

I think this discussion is quite appropriate for "consumers" to have on a "consumers" mailing list. Especially since they will quickly get chased off the developers mailing lists for asking such a question.