On 2013-10-23, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> I'd like to go back to the old `nv' driver I used to use when running
> Gentoo, or some other driver that will work with my card and just
> ditch that nouveau driver.
>
> Can anyone guide me a bit as to how to do that?

I don't think you can go back to the 'nv' driver, which was supplanted
by the 'nouveau' driver, without complications, though I could be wrong.

You can go forward to the evil (though tempting because it works
reliably (in my experience at least)) proprietary nvidia driver,
guidance for the installation of which is available here:

https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers