Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> writes:

[...]

> However:
>
>> . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Alternatively, boot with
>> nouveau.noaccel=1 to disable acceleration
>
> Seems to be golden... It does seem to stop the goofy login at console
> screen. And since my uasge on linux is never heavily graphics oriented
> I see no downside so far.
>
> Thank you for the helpful posts.

First, you did mean to put `nouveau.noaccel=1' on the kernel line
right?

I forgot one aspect of having `nouveau.noaccel=1' on the kernel line.

It fixes my goofy screen problem but it does cause bootup to go into
maintenance mode.  Telling me to enter root passwd or press C-d.

I press C-d and it finishes booting up normally.

So it means I cannot have an unattended bootup, but that is usually
what I do anyway so not a huge problem, but wondered if there might be
some other way to disable acceleration that on the kernel line?