On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Charles Kroeger
<ckro...@frankensteinface.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:50:02 +0200
> Tom H <tomh0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Debian isn't as special as you think, at least not from this perspective.
>
> Everybody earns money and needs money in this development. Organizations like
> Debian go forward by people with jobs volunteering time and expertise.

As I said in the part of my email that you snipped out, I know of
three distributions that employ developers and therefore Debian isn't
special because it's put together by volunteers. It's special because
it has a large number of derivatives and because of the DFSG.