On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 23:50:02 +0200
John Hasler <jhas...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Churchill: "If you're not a liberal when you're young there's something
> wrong with your heart.

Hummm..that's interesting I lived in Britain for 13 years from the late 60's
through the seventies and heard that expression a lot but no one ever
attributed it
to Churchill. This is probably why Churchill was quietly retired soon after the
war.

Everett Dirksen a Republican (not a conservative) party member in the US during
the
50's and 60's was credited with saying: Stronger than any army is an idea whose
time has come..but he acquired his wisdom from Victor Hugo who lived through
most
of the 19th century who said: no force on earth is more powerful than an idea
whose
time has come. (don't bother correcting me, I know there are many variations.

--
CK

The Internet what a place