On 02/25/2015 10:16 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Wednesday 25 February 2015 08:16:27 Brian wrote:
On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 12:58:50 +0000, Curt wrote:
On 2015-02-25, Lisi Reisz <lisi.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't understand him so to say. :-/  I thought that he said that he
couldn't print duplex at all at the moment.  If it isn't in the PPD
then that explains it.

Lisi

Gene said

  No change, both evince and okular show duplex as disabled. *I did set it
  in localhost:631/printers/printer/set defaults.  No problem there.  It
  will print a cups test page ok*, and the colors look ok in the wheel
  there.  But no other app can detect that it is duplex capable.

evince and okular show duplex as "not available", not as "disabled".

The cups test page is a single page. When duplex is "on" on my printer
the sheet is pulled back in after one side is printed. Then it is
ejected. The other side is blank of course.

I have never seen this printer do such a wasted motion. The test page, a
single page, is ejected completely.

Gene, maybe you need to haul that printer back to the station and use Windows to test duplex printing, just to be sure it isn't the printer. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html