Quoting Lisi Reisz (lisi.re...@gmail.com):
> On Friday 31 July 2015 19:59:40 David Wright wrote:
> > Ironically, your suggestion yesterday (ifconfig)
> > was not so potentially useful for a different reason (ifconfig might
> > not be there), but of course you didn't have the context.
>
> I was suggesting it in a very specific context, and did know that it was
> there - or I wouldn't have suggested it.  It is still available otb in
> Wheezy.

That's why I wrote "not so *potentially* useful". I'm not clear what
the "*very* specific context" was, but your reply was to a post that
included the lines:

    > And the tower.. I had to install fedora because it didn't want to mount my
    > home during installation - which was a new 1To disk to format, even after
    > formatted it which gparted. Plus the unavailable network issue of course,
    > also during installation.

In the context of installation, ifconfig is not available and
hasn't been at least since squeeze, whereas ip (a cut down version)
is in busybox.

Cheers,
David.