On Friday 31 July 2015 14:50:18 Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2015, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > To use my fixed address methods, which are officialy
> > discouraged by the list police...
>
> And what, exactly, pray tell, do those august
> personages ("the list police") preach? Something tells
> me that what you jocularly term "my fixed address
> methods" are the exact ones I have been using since lo
> those many aeons ago when I sat down to read a
> hardcopy printout of the ifconfig man page.

I prefer fixed address, almost always use it (I sometimes now achieve static
IPs by using DHCP and having fixed IP allocation by MAC for some addresses in
the router) and have never had a problem, nor been aware that I was being
discouraged...

Just be deaf to discouragement, Gene.  I clearly am.

Lisi