On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 20:58 +0200, Timothy Hobbs wrote:
> Lately, I feel that this trust has been violated. Most notably, by
> the
> addition of advertisements to iceweasel's new tab page.
> http://timothy.hobbs.cz/iceweasel-ads.png See the "Booking.com"
> sponsored link.

AFAICT that's a bug:

I would like to see an in-depth discussion of where Debian draws the
> line when it comes to interaction of packaged software with
> commercial
> services. Iceweasel has, for years now, used google.com as the
> default
> search engine. I doubt few would disagree with that choice, despite
> the
> fact that Mozilla gets paid by Google to make it that way.

Iceweasel seems to use Google by default, but I think Firefox switched
to Yahoo?

There was some talk about sharing revenue from Duckduckgo, but I don't
think that happend?
https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/03/msg00092.html

DDG is available as a search engine in Iceweasel though.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson